Bach 2 Future 2023 – DisPLAY Classical
6-7 June – Müpa Budapest, Auditorium
JUNE 6 (TUE)
9:30 Session 1 – Conquering the screens
Audiovisual content and the rapidly expanding digital space look like the real game changers for the classical music world. We’re glad to show you some of the movers of the scene.
In partnership with IMZ
A short welcome: David Zsoldos / Papageno (HU)
- Anastassia Boutsko / Deutsche Welle (DE)
- Kosztolánczy Gábor / Müpa Budapest (HU)
- Susannah Simons / Marquee TV (GB)
- Luke O’Shaughnessy / OperaVision (BE)
Moderator: Anna Tiszolczi-Bertalan / Budapest Festival Orchestra (HU)
11:30 Session 2 – enCORE Accelerando
How will young professionals shape the classical music world? Great ideas from all over Europe are competing for the JMI enCORE Accelerando prizes.
13:30 Session 3 – Who is talking about us?
Online blogs, print magazines and radio stations across Europe – we all read and listen to them, but do we really know how they work?
In partnership with ICMA
Keynote: Remy Franck / Pizzicato & ICMA (LUX) – online
- Maciej Chizynski / ResMusica (FR)
- Carsten Dürer / PIANONews (DE)
- Juan Lucas / Scherzo (ES)
- Sanda Vojkovic / UNISON (HR)
Moderator: Gergely Fazekas / Liszt Ferenc Academy of Music (HU)
15:30 Session 4 – Our Air – On-Air
- Luc Boentges / Radio 100,7 (LU)
- Cristina Comandasu / Radio Romania Muzical (RO)
- Jakub Puchalski / Polskie Radio Chopin (PL)
- Ursula Magnes / Radio Stephansdom (AT)
Moderator: Szilvia Becze / Radio Bartók (HU)
17:15 ENCORE Accelerando – The Winners
JUNE 7 (WED)
9:30 Session 1 – New tools for timeless music
- Miklós Both / Heritage House (HU)
Folk_ME – A good practice in digital folk music education: Folk_ME – Folk Music Education for Future Generations is an innovative education project, that targets not only public education but music enthusiasts as well. The project’s main output is a newly developed digital toolkit that can integrate traditions into a broader context creatively in music education, by which the project gives a solution to save disappearing European folk heritage inspired by the Polyphony Project’s research and online archive.
- Ádám Péterváry – Jenő Páli, Dr. / Petervary Music Tech (HU)
The ignored master tool of piano industry: Is there a technical innovation that represents a major breakthrough in the piano market? We think so. Introducing a revolutionary sliding and smart piano bench that could change the technical and practical aspects of playing the piano forever.
- Christian von der Recke / Content.Agent – IMZ (AT)
11:00 Session 2 – Connecting the dots
The most prominent European cultural networks are important catalysts of the classical music scene – let’s take a closer look at them!
Keynote: Olga Sismanidi / Creative Europe
- Ewa Bogusz-Moore / European Union Youth Orchestra (EUYO)
- Simone Dudt / European Music Council (EMC)
- Sonja Greiner / European Choral Association (ECA)
- Katharina Jeschke / IMZ International Music + Media Centre
- Blasko Smilevski / Jeunesses Musicales International (JMI)
Moderator: Gábor Mondik / Creative Europe Desk Hungary
In partnership with Creative Europe Desk Hungary
After Bach 2 Future the European Forum on Music 2023 will take place in Budapest on 8-10 June 2023. Please consider this when booking your flights and hotel.
Recommended hotel: ibis Styles Budapest City (closest to Müpa Budapest) – Special rates > Preferential code: BACH23